LA Weekly has announced the winners of its 2013 Best of LA Readers’ Poll, and Pasadena City College Flea Market has been voted Best Flea Market. This year’s nominated markets included the Rose Bowl Flea Market, Melrose Trading Post, Long Beach Antique Market, Downtown Flea and Roadium Swap Meet.
Pasadena City College Flea Market features 420 vendors, and is open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the first Sunday of each month. There in the parking lots and covered structure on the east side of the campus, shoppers can wander among antiques, collectibles, records, tools, clothes, toys, food and more. All proceeds from the market, which was started in 1977 by PCC students Tom and Tim Selinske, benefit the students, making this the largest nonprofit flea market on the West Coast. The Pasadena City College Flea Market is located at 1570 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena, CA. For more information, call 626-585-7123 or visit pasadena.edu/fleamarket.
The LA Weekly Readers’ Poll covers more than 400 fabulous city spots in four major categories: Arts & Entertainment; Food & Drink; Shopping & Services; and Sports & Recreation. A few other 2013 winners in the Shopping & Services category are:
- Best Place to Buy Vintage Designer Clothes, Lemon Frog Shop
- Best Women’s Clothing Swap Shop, Give + Take
- Best Thrift Store, National Council of Jewish Women Thrift Store
- Best Pawn Shop, Dina Collection/Beverly Hills Pawn
- Best Record Store to Go Treasure Hunting, Record Jungle
- Best Second Hand Clothing Shop, Buttons and Bows